Through the application of electric fields on the electrodes the dust in the gas flow is ionized and attracted to the collector plates. The cleaning of the plates is made through their rapping be it by means of tumbling hammers (side rapping) or by electromagnetic rappers (top rapping).
Top rapping (electromagnetic)
Used for coal, oil, biomass and recovery boilers, lime (metallurgic and recovery) and cement kilns, among others.
- Plate spacing: 300 mm to 400 mm
- Height of fields: up to 13.7 m
- Length of fields: up to 3.7 m
- Discharge electrodes: rigid
Side rapping (tumbling hammers)
Applied to sinter, pelletizing processes and coal boilers.
- Plate spacing: 300 mm or 600 mm (exclusive technology)
- Height of fields: up to 14 m
- Length of fields: up to 5.25 m
- Discharge electrodes: rigid.